Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Chapter 3

Chapter 3


My social footprint in the social community, zone one, is through actively using my accounts on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Vine, and Foursquare.  I mostly look at these websites through the app on my phone.  I rarely look at these websites on my computer, unless I’m doing homework for this class and I need to access the Facebook page.  However, I do like to see what my friends and family are doing and who’s birthday it is that day or who is traveling where.  These are all great ways to stay connected.  
In zone two, social publishing, my social footprints are in blogging, Twitter, Vine, Instagram, and YouTube.  Although I have only made one or two vines, I revine a good bit so I think that counts.  I also have never made a video on YouTube but I have watched some.  This one relies a little more on other peoples posts, not everyone who has accounts in this zone are active users, just observers.
The social entertainment or zone three is not really where I spend a lot of time.  I don’t particularly like all the games like FarmVille, Bubblewitch or which ever most people play.  I played Candycrush for about a month or two after it had been out for a while.  I can’t stare at my phone screen for long periods of time so I normally don’t play games on my phone.  I do like Spotify and Pandora though.  I like to listen to music when I get ready for the day and these are two great apps for free music.  
I love zone four but I often have hesitation.  Online shopping is an amazing gift but I often find myself sends clothes back whenever I order online.  I like to try clothes on before I buy them and some clothes look so different in person than they do online.  As a matter of fact, a lot of things look different person than the picture they show online.  For example, jewelry, shoes, purses, bedding, etc.  I would much rather pick it out in person and feel the fabric and see what the quality of the item is like before I pay for it.
If I could create my own digital brand it would be something to do with a Daisy.  My sweet little pups name is Daisy and she is the center of my world and a huge part of my life.  Also, daisys are such a beautiful flower and who doesn’t love flowers?  Daisys are the friendliest flowers, as Meg Ryan reminds us in You’ve Got Mail.    
 I do unfortunately consider myself a social media addict.  It is a habit when I’m bored to just get on my phone and go through Facebook, Instagram, email, Twitter, Pinterest, and so on.  I remember the first social media account I signed up for was Facebook in 2006 or 2007.  I was in the 8th grade and it was the “cool” thing to do then.  I have continued to create more accounts on different social media and now am an active user of many social media sites.  
My group worked with Kristee in helping her think of new ideas to better her own personal business, Dash Forward.  We discussed her target market and market size because she utilizes social media to create sales.  She incorporates Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. 
Online, Dash Forward posts pictures of what they are selling and creating and they also take and complete orders through Facebook and Instagram, as well as over the phone.  In the real world communications, Dash Forward has a permanent location where customers come to place and pick up orders.  
Dash Forward uses social media to increase their market size, bring in new customers, offer easy access to ordering, and personable and friendly service in order to increase profit and revenue.  


This chapter opened my eyes that social media isn’t just to post personal things, it can also be used for businesses, and marketing and advertising as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment